Dear Family,
For the record, I would like to state
that my last newsletter submission was partially fictional. I have
been so caught up with American politics that I began to think and write like a
liberal politician. The plumbing issues were real but we did not see
Norm Abrams or his TV crew. Since we live in an older house (circa
1977) I ran with "This Old House" theme.
that my last newsletter submission was partially fictional. I have
been so caught up with American politics that I began to think and write like a
liberal politician. The plumbing issues were real but we did not see
Norm Abrams or his TV crew. Since we live in an older house (circa
1977) I ran with "This Old House" theme.
We enjoyed visiting with all of you that
we visited, we regret that we were unable to visit the Northern Utah
bunch. We might have if there was a larger lobbying
effort. Kim did call us when we were in Denver. It was
good to see Jaclyn and her family, I believe that last time we saw
Jaclyn was when she was expecting Aubrey. Aubrey reminds me alot of
Jaclyn in her younger years. However, I do not recall Jaclyn talking
as much as Aubrey. It was also great to see James, Eli and
Jaxson. Denver is a nice town and we do not mind moving
there. However, driving in the winter must be a bear on the western
side of Denver since I-70 does go through the ski resorts and high
summits. I also was claustrophobic of the tunnels we had to drive
through.
we visited, we regret that we were unable to visit the Northern Utah
bunch. We might have if there was a larger lobbying
effort. Kim did call us when we were in Denver. It was
good to see Jaclyn and her family, I believe that last time we saw
Jaclyn was when she was expecting Aubrey. Aubrey reminds me alot of
Jaclyn in her younger years. However, I do not recall Jaclyn talking
as much as Aubrey. It was also great to see James, Eli and
Jaxson. Denver is a nice town and we do not mind moving
there. However, driving in the winter must be a bear on the western
side of Denver since I-70 does go through the ski resorts and high
summits. I also was claustrophobic of the tunnels we had to drive
through.
It was also good to see Bethany and her
family. We wished that the circumstances were better but we still did
enjoy visiting with them. The Tobiassons kids have warmed up to their
uncle. Ashlan was really cute when she talked. She did say
I was her "friend" and she even asked to sit by me. She also told me
on numerous occasions that she was from St. George and that her Mom was from
Nephi. I was shocked, on our last visit (from a year and a half ago)
Ashlan ran from me and had to resort to bribes just so I could hold
her. Nephi is a nice town and do not mind moving there.
family. We wished that the circumstances were better but we still did
enjoy visiting with them. The Tobiassons kids have warmed up to their
uncle. Ashlan was really cute when she talked. She did say
I was her "friend" and she even asked to sit by me. She also told me
on numerous occasions that she was from St. George and that her Mom was from
Nephi. I was shocked, on our last visit (from a year and a half ago)
Ashlan ran from me and had to resort to bribes just so I could hold
her. Nephi is a nice town and do not mind moving there.
We enjoyed our stay with Mom and Dad
despite the circumstances (i.e. Dad shingles). Mom did a great job of
keeping us busy. The kids swam, swam and swam. We also
did manage to see Ratatouille with Grammie, Mom and the kids. I was
annoyed with the tall dark haired kid (early 20s) sitting next to me, texting
messages during the movie. The movie was good but it did remind me
alot of when Dad, Josh and I had to clean out the mice infested basement on
Pahvant Drive.It was also good to see Stephen (five minutes total), he
definitely is taller and has some of Adam's basketball swagger.
Stephen encouraged me to practice my basketball so we can play the next time we
came to St. George (also challenged Loose and Loose to do the same).
We also met Stephen's 2 o'clock A.M. friends one evening when we were
there. I never had 2 o'clock A.M. friends, mine were 11 o'clock P.M.
friends.
despite the circumstances (i.e. Dad shingles). Mom did a great job of
keeping us busy. The kids swam, swam and swam. We also
did manage to see Ratatouille with Grammie, Mom and the kids. I was
annoyed with the tall dark haired kid (early 20s) sitting next to me, texting
messages during the movie. The movie was good but it did remind me
alot of when Dad, Josh and I had to clean out the mice infested basement on
Pahvant Drive.It was also good to see Stephen (five minutes total), he
definitely is taller and has some of Adam's basketball swagger.
Stephen encouraged me to practice my basketball so we can play the next time we
came to St. George (also challenged Loose and Loose to do the same).
We also met Stephen's 2 o'clock A.M. friends one evening when we were
there. I never had 2 o'clock A.M. friends, mine were 11 o'clock P.M.
friends.
Since we dreaded our drive home, from St.
George through Southern California, we decided to drive through Dad's beautiful
state of Nevada. The night before we drove to Grandma's house and
spend some time visiting with here. It was good to see her and get
updates about our cousins. The next day we made a nine hour drive
from Pioche to Folsom. It was a nice drive.We are finally home even
though it was good to stroll down memory lane (i.e Richfield 5th South, Pahvant
Drive, Tabernacle, Ideal Dairy, Plums, Punch Bags, etc...disappointed no more
Hungry Hut). I know that most of my in-laws (Campbell side) and my
wife are not too fond of Richfield. I am still for a Siblings Reunion
in Richfield (I think I just heard and felt Marci disagreeing with
me.). Just kidding. However, I would like to request that
are next "offical" family gathering be held next year during the 4th of July
holiday. Kimo really wants me to attend my "Ten Year" Class Reunion
in Richfield, which most likely will be held during that time.Thanks for having
us. We would like to return the favor, so come visit
us. We have a tramp to sleep on and we can always add
more water to the soup. J/K
George through Southern California, we decided to drive through Dad's beautiful
state of Nevada. The night before we drove to Grandma's house and
spend some time visiting with here. It was good to see her and get
updates about our cousins. The next day we made a nine hour drive
from Pioche to Folsom. It was a nice drive.We are finally home even
though it was good to stroll down memory lane (i.e Richfield 5th South, Pahvant
Drive, Tabernacle, Ideal Dairy, Plums, Punch Bags, etc...disappointed no more
Hungry Hut). I know that most of my in-laws (Campbell side) and my
wife are not too fond of Richfield. I am still for a Siblings Reunion
in Richfield (I think I just heard and felt Marci disagreeing with
me.). Just kidding. However, I would like to request that
are next "offical" family gathering be held next year during the 4th of July
holiday. Kimo really wants me to attend my "Ten Year" Class Reunion
in Richfield, which most likely will be held during that time.Thanks for having
us. We would like to return the favor, so come visit
us. We have a tramp to sleep on and we can always add
more water to the soup. J/K
Love,Loren, Kim and the
Kids
Kids

0 comments:
Post a Comment