The Smith family has had a busy month, so I decided I might be able to think of something to say. The kids started school on August 14th after having a good summer. They enjoy summer vacation, but I think were ready to start school. Ashley is in 6th grade, which is middle school here. I can't believe she is that old already! Tyler is in 4th grade and Jordan is in 2nd grade. And, tomorrow Katelyn starts pre-school! So, for three days a week I'll have everyone in school! What am I going to do? I think I can think of something. The kids are also involved in sports. Ashley is doing Select soccer (a competitive soccer team), Jordan is in Recreational soccer, and Tyler is in flag football. So, we are staying busy in the evenings with practices and on the weekends with games. We have fun watching them play.
We have also been busy with the Sacramento Temple opening. They call the "Sacramento Temple", but it is only about 5 miles from our house, right outside of Folsom. Kim had the opportunity to work two separate shifts during the open house, as an "usher". We all got to go through and see the temple. The kids really enjoyed it. Then, last Sunday we were able to see the dedication at our Stake center. President Hinckley was able to come, so we were all very excited to see him (on the screen). It has been fun to be involved in all the events surrounding the temple.
After the dedication, we went camping with Kim's family at Half Moon Bay. It was really fun. The weather was actually a little chilly, but it was a nice change from the heat.
We missed you all for the reunion and it sounds like it was fun. Josh told me that he and Dad will again be the Dutch Oven chefs at the next reunion. It should be fun.
Well, I guess that does it for the Smith family for this month!
--Kim, Loren, Ashley, Tyler, Jordan, & Katelyn
Friday, November 10, 2006
September News...
Posted by Loren & Kim at 6:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment